Founded in 2015, Maple is a fast-growing health tech company with a vision to power the future of healthcare by building a connected and superior experience for patients, doctors, and other types of health providers.
We offer virtual care services across multiple distribution channels, including Direct-to-Consumer ("D2C"), Employers and Private Insurers ("B2B"), Government Funded Entities ("B2G"), and through clinical software licensing ("Licensing"). With a growing network of 1,600+ healthcare providers and more than 3 million Canadians with access to our services, Maple is one of Canada’s fastest-growing virtual care companies.
We have established an entrepreneurial culture centered around our mission to "build a connected healthcare experience." We attribute our success to our employees, who have helped us achieve numerous noteworthy awards including: Globe and Mail's #6 Top Growing Companies in Canada in 2021, #2 in Deloitte Canada’s Technology Fast 50 2021, LinkedIn's Top 10 Startups in Canada 2020, and Bay Street Bull’s The Power 50: Canada’s Most Impactful Companies 2022.
About the Role
As our Implementation Associate, you’ll play a key role in implementations for our healthcare stakeholders, such as government entities, hospital systems, long-term care homes, and other key partners in the broader Canadian healthcare system. In addition to implementations, you will collaborate with the broader Clinical Operations and Maple teams and lead select special projects and assignments. This role will have an immediate impact on our company’s goals and help us advance healthcare innovation in Canada. You are someone who enjoys leading projects, facilitating client meetings, thinking creatively, solving challenging problems, is passionate about technology, and is excited about delivering solutions that advance healthcare.
- Manage and execute key projects and/or workstreams for Maple’s Business-to-Institutions (B2I) segment, delivering digitally-enabled, innovative healthcare solutions to public sector partners.
- Develop high-quality, external-facing presentations and communication materials for program partners.
- Facilitate workshops with key stakeholders, internally or externally.
- Support collaborative process mapping activities to design future state workflows for new virtual care pathways.
- Translate business requirements into platform requirements, rolling up your sleeves to set-up and test custom platform configurations.
- Brainstorm creative solutions to address partner pain-points and challenges, leveraging the capabilities of the Maple platform.
- Independently lead training sessions and design reference materials for program staff, providers, and stakeholders on the Maple platform and workflows.
- Lead post-implementation program oversight and ongoing data, analyses, and reporting.
- Liaise with program partner counterparts to conduct issues management and routine program enhancements, informed by both quantitative and qualitative program insights.
- Work collaboratively with both internal and external teams.
- 2+ years of relevant experience, preferably within consulting, tech/startups, or healthcare.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in business and management, science, or a health-related field.
- Experience and comfort working with diverse stakeholders, including healthcare executives.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills with the ability to break down complex problems and develop solutions that meet client needs.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as part of a larger team, demonstrating a strong sense of accountability.
- Adept at learning and mastering new technology with the ability to use multiple tools and platforms simultaneously.
- Self-starter who thrives working in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing productivity tools and platforms, including MS Office (PowerPoint & Excel) and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Looker) to perform in-depth quantitative analyses, project management activities, and communicate a compelling story.
In addition to the skills described above, you are:
- Mission-driven — we are a small and passionate team challenging the status quo of the healthcare industry. You need to be passionate about playing an integral part in helping us accomplish our mission and vision.
- Execution-oriented — you have a strong ability and desire to execute to the highest standard. You care deeply about the quality of your work and don’t cut corners.
- Highly organized and planful — you have the ability to manage multiple projects with strong attention to detail and prioritization skills.
- A strong communicator — you speak plainly and truthfully. You communicate complex ideas in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
- Highly collaborative — you have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team
Other Role Information
- Job Type: Fulltime
- Reporting Manager: Senior Manager, Implementations
- Location: Toronto, ON, M5V 1S2 (WFH/Hybrid)
- Start Date: October/November 2022
- Paid Vacation: 3 weeks
Working at Maple
We want you to love working at Maple. We want you to feel challenged and supported, cared for, and driven. Just as we’re driven to grow, to improve, to iterate our products and services, we want you to take the same mindset as you work towards achieving your personal best. We can all learn, we can all develop, and we can all power the future of healthcare. But we can only do it together. At Maple, we are a team first and foremost. Your success is our success.
In order to support your wellbeing, we offer an evolving set of benefits and perks, including:
- Flexible schedule: Core hours to ensure collaboration with your team and flexibility on regular hours. Ability to work remotely from anywhere within Canada.
- Health benefits: Comprehensive health and dental benefits and insurance from day one as well as unlimited online consultations with a General Practitioner on the Maple platform, access to Mind by Maple — our mental health offering — plus lots more.
- Maternity & parental leave benefits: Up to $8,000 supplemental unemployment benefit.
- Additional time off: In addition to vacation, you’ll receive 10 paid mental and physical health days plus additional paid and unpaid time off for significant life events.
- Learning & Development: Up to $1,000 professional development budget per fiscal year, continuous feedback culture, and annual performance reviews.
- Snack programs: Subscription to DoorDash DashPass, enjoy free delivery and reduced service fees on eligible orders, including take-out and groceries.
- Team socials: Quarterly team socials, such as virtual escape rooms, art classes, trivia nights, and more.
- Dollars for doers: If you regularly volunteer with a cause, we’ll make a donation in your name to recognize your commitment.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Check out our first Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) scorecard here.
Looking for an accessibility accommodation during the recruitment process and in employment? Let one of our recruiters know and we’ll work with you to make suitable arrangements.
Please note that any offer of employment may be subject to verification of employment and education background checks, including a criminal record check.