IT Support Specialist
Founded in 2015, Maple is a fast-growing health tech company with a vision to power the future of healthcare by building a connected and superior experience for patients, doctors, and other types of health providers.
We offer virtual care services across multiple distribution channels, including Direct-to-Consumer ("D2C"), Employers and Private Insurers ("B2B"), Government Funded Entities ("B2G"), and through clinical software licensing ("Licensing"). With a growing network of 1,600+ healthcare providers and more than 3 million Canadians with access to our services, Maple is one of Canada’s fastest-growing virtual care companies.
We have established an entrepreneurial culture centred around our mission to "build a connected healthcare experience." We attribute our success to our employees, who have helped us achieve numerous noteworthy awards, including Globe and Mail's #6 Top Growing Companies in Canada in 2021, #2 in Deloitte Canada’s Technology Fast 50 2021, LinkedIn's Top 10 Startups in Canada 2020, and Bay Street Bull’s The Power 50: Canada’s Most Impactful Companies 2021.
About the Role
As an IT Support Specialist, you will provide world-class support to over 150 Maple employees and contractors as part of Maple's IT & Security team. You will have the opportunity to use a variety of modern equipment and applications while delivering 5-star service and support to both in-office and remote employees throughout Canada.
This is a high-visibility role where you will be responsible for supporting Mac and Windows laptops, mobile devices, and video conferencing equipment. You will demonstrate a high level of empathy and patience for employees experiencing technical issues while ensuring transparent communication as you triage and prioritize help requests, actively resolving and documenting solutions.
This opportunity requires regular in-person attendance at our downtown Toronto office space. This role cannot be completed fully remotely.
- Provide ongoing IT support to Maple employees and contractors with care and attention to detail.
- Provide advice and technical training to end users.
- Proactively identify users’ needs, evaluate software and hardware, and work with management to improve user experience.
- Resolve connectivity, workstation, application, and communications issues at varying levels of complexity.
- Work with the People & Culture team to onboard and offboard employees and contractors.
- Document solutions and maintain process and procedure documentation ("runbooks").
- Look for opportunities to automate processes.
- Keep up to date with technology trends and developments.
- At least one year of experience in either IT Support, IT Help Desk, System Administration, or in an IT Operations role supporting teams within an organization.
- Successful completion of an IT-related degree, diploma, or certificate, for example, technical support, system administration, or networking administration.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build trusting relationships with internal teams and stakeholders, and the patience and empathy to relay technical instructions to a non-technical audience.
- Hands-on experience configuring and troubleshooting macOS and Windows computers.
- Strong technical aptitude for computer hardware and software with excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to prioritize and address multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic work environment.
- The following are considered an asset but not a requirement:
- Experience with Google Workspace, Slack, Google Chrome, Microsoft 365, Zoom, and ClickUp.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting WiFi and IP networks.
- Experience using IT service management software (e.g. Freshservice, Jira Service Desk).
- Experience with mobile device management and endpoint protection software.
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Zsh, PowerShell).
Maple has a very modern IT environment. Most employees use macOS laptops, although we do have a few people using Windows. We use a lot of SaaS applications, including Google Workspace, Slack, Microsoft 365, Zoom, and ClickUp. The IT team uses Freshservice for service management and Kandji and Hexnode for mobile device management.
In addition to the skills described above, you are:
- Mission-driven — we are a small and passionate team challenging the status quo of the healthcare industry. You need to be passionate about playing an integral part in helping us accomplish our mission and vision.
- Execution-oriented — you have a strong ability and desire to execute to the highest standard. You care deeply about the quality of your work and don’t cut corners.
- Highly organized and planful — you have the ability to manage multiple projects with strong attention to detail and prioritization skills.
- A strong communicator — you speak plainly and truthfully. You communicate complex ideas in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
- Highly collaborative — you have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team
Other Role Information
- Job Type: Fulltime
- Reporting Manager: VP, Data & Security
- Location: 355 Adelaide St W Suite 100, Toronto, ON M5V 1S2
- Start Date: August/September 2022
- Salary: $50,000 to $57,500
- Paid Vacation: 3 weeks
Working at Maple
We want you to love working at Maple. We want you to feel challenged and supported, cared for, and driven. Just as we’re driven to grow, to improve, to iterate our products and services, we want you to take the same mindset as you work towards achieving your personal best. We can all learn, we can all develop, and we can all power the future of healthcare. But we can only do it together. At Maple, we are a team first and foremost. Your success is our success.
In order to support your wellbeing, we offer an evolving set of benefits and perks, including:
- Health benefits: Comprehensive health and dental benefits and insurance from day one as well as unlimited online consultations with a General Practitioner on the Maple platform, access to Mind by Maple — our mental health offering — plus lots more.
- Maternity & parental leave benefits: Up to $8,000 supplemental unemployment benefit.
- Additional time off: In addition to vacation, you’ll receive 10 paid mental and physical health days plus additional paid and unpaid time off for significant life events.
- Learning & development: Up to $1,000 professional development budget per fiscal year, continuous feedback culture and annual performance reviews.
- Snack programs: Healthy snacks in the office and DoorDash DashPass for those who are remote.
- Team socials: Quarterly team socials, such as virtual escape rooms, art classes, trivia nights and more.
- Dollars for doers: If you volunteer regularly with a cause, we’ll make a donation in your name to recognize your commitment.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Check out our first Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) scorecard here.
Looking for an accessibility accommodation during the recruitment process and in employment? Let one of our recruiters know and we’ll work with you to make suitable arrangements.
Please note that any offer of employment may be subject to verification of employment and education background checks, including a criminal record check.