Web Content Coordinator
Founded in 2015, Maple is a fast-growing health tech company with a vision to power the future of healthcare by building a connected and superior experience for patients, doctors, and other types of health providers.
We offer virtual care services across multiple distribution channels, including Direct-to-Consumer ("D2C"), Employers and Private Insurers ("B2B"), Government Funded Entities ("B2G"), and through clinical software licensing ("Licensing"). With a growing network of 1,600+ healthcare providers and more than 3 million Canadians with access to our services, Maple is one of Canada’s fastest-growing virtual care companies.
We have established an entrepreneurial culture centered around our mission to "build a connected healthcare experience." We attribute our success to our employees, who have helped us achieve numerous noteworthy awards including: Globe and Mail's #6 Top Growing Companies in Canada in 2021, #2 in Deloitte Canada’s Technology Fast 50 2021, LinkedIn's Top 10 Startups in Canada 2020, and Bay Street Bull’s The Power 50: Canada’s Most Impactful Companies 2022.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director of Digital Marketing, you’ll be responsible for maintaining our web content and liaising with our web development vendors to ensure Maple’s website is consistently up to date and performing optimally against key performance indicators. You’ll be working closely with the Digital Marketing team and other cross-functional stakeholders to support business goals and priorities through the day-to-day management of the Maple website.
- Coordinate and implement regular content updates via our CMS WordPress; you’ll be liaising with multiple stakeholders, including designers and copywriters, to ensure content adheres to brand standards and key accessibility requirements.
- Maintain adequate documentation for all content updates and organize web assets.
- Set up and track key site metrics and regularly report on performance.
- Work collaboratively with our external web development vendors to identify and address technical issues and bugs, as well as optimize the full site performance.
- Work with designers to create wireframes and ensure delivery of accurate content.
- Work closely with SEO experts to deliver on joint KPIs.
- At least one year of experience as a Web Content Coordinator or a similar role, e.g., coordinating digital asset production and implementation.
- Experience working in a creative department or agency environment.
- Strong knowledge of multi-media production practices, technology, and terminology.
- Experience with project management tools and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work with designers and web publishers to develop UX/UI content wireframes and tests.
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple priorities and manage deadlines.
- Experience with Google Analytics.
- Data Studio experience is considered an asset.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and enthusiastic with a team-based attitude.
- WordPress knowledge and QA experience are considered an asset.
- Experience as a Web/UI developer is considered an asset, e.g., experience with HTML, CSS, CMS, PHP, and JS.
In addition to the skills described above, you are:
- Mission-driven — we are a small and passionate team challenging the status quo of the healthcare industry. You need to be passionate about playing an integral part in helping us accomplish our mission and vision.
- Execution-oriented — you have a strong ability and desire to execute to the highest standard. You care deeply about the quality of your work and don’t cut corners.
- Highly organized and planful — you have the ability to manage multiple projects with strong attention to detail and prioritization skills.
- A strong communicator — you speak plainly and truthfully. You communicate complex ideas in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
- Highly collaborative — you have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team
Other Role Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Reporting Manager: Director, Digital Marketing
- Location: Toronto Office at M5V 1S2 (hybrid model including remote and in-person presence)
- Start Date: October 2022
- Salary: $45,000-$55,000
- Paid vacation: 3 weeks
Working at Maple
We want you to love working at Maple. We want you to feel challenged and supported, cared for, and driven. Just as we’re driven to grow, to improve, to iterate our products and services, we want you to take the same mindset as you work towards achieving your personal best. We can all learn, we can all develop, and we can all power the future of healthcare. But we can only do it together. At Maple, we are a team first and foremost. Your success is our success.
In order to support your wellbeing, we offer an evolving set of benefits and perks, including:
- Flexible schedule: Core hours to ensure collaboration with the team and flexibility on regular hours.
- Health benefits: Comprehensive health and dental benefits and insurance from day one as well as unlimited online consultations with a General Practitioner on the Maple platform, access to Mind by Maple — our mental health offering — plus lots more.
- Maternity & parental leave benefits: Up to $8,000 supplemental unemployment benefit.
- Additional time off: In addition to vacation, you’ll receive 10 paid mental and physical health days plus additional paid and unpaid time off for significant life events.
- Learning & Development: Up to $1,000 professional development budget per fiscal year, continuous feedback culture, and annual performance reviews.
- Snack programs: Subscription to DoorDash DashPass, enjoy free delivery and reduced service fees on eligible orders, including take-out and groceries.
- Team socials: Quarterly team socials, such as virtual escape rooms, art classes, trivia nights, and more.
- Dollars for doers: If you volunteer regularly with a cause, we’ll make a donation in your name to recognize your commitment.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Check out our first Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) scorecard here.
Looking for an accessibility accommodation during the recruitment process and in employment? Let one of our recruiters know, and we’ll work with you to make suitable arrangements.
Please note that any offer of employment may be subject to verification of employment and education background checks, including a criminal record check.