Bilingual Customer Support Coordinator (French/English)
Founded in 2015, Maple is a fast-growing health tech company with a vision to power the future of healthcare by building a connected and superior experience for patients, doctors, and other types of health providers.
We offer virtual care services across multiple distribution channels, including Direct-to-Consumer ("D2C"), Employers and Private Insurers ("B2B"), Government Funded Entities ("B2G"), and through clinical software licensing ("Licensing"). With more than 2 million Canadians with access to our services and a growing network of 1,600+ healthcare providers, Maple is one of Canada’s fastest-growing virtual care companies.
We have established an entrepreneurial culture centered around our mission to "deliver a connected healthcare experience". We continue to build our team with employees who are passionate about improving access to healthcare for everyone, everywhere. We attribute this success to our employees, who have helped us achieve numerous noteworthy awards including: Globe and Mail's #13 Top Growing Companies in Canada in 2020, Deloitte's Fast 50 Companies to Watch, LinkedIn's Top 10 Startups in Canada, and Canada's Top Growing Companies 2020 (Report on Business).
About the Role
As our Customer Support Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to advance Maple’s mission of building a connected healthcare experience. Reporting to the Team Lead, Customer Support, you will be responsible for providing real-time support to users, including patients, corporate clients, and healthcare providers, via live chat through an app called Intercom.
Our customer support schedule currently runs from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”), seven days a week, 365 days a year. This role has a schedule of 10-hour shifts during a 4-day work week with 3 days off each week. This is a fully remote team where folks can work from anywhere within Canada. All necessary equipment (Macbook Pro, monitor, keyboard, mouse) will be provided by Maple.
- Provide day-to-day customer support, primarily via in-app text chat and email (some phone and fax).
- Quickly learn and keep up with our products and services and the support needs of various customer segments (e.g., patients, healthcare providers, corporate clients, etc.).
- Be the face and voice of Maple in first-line client interactions.
- Solve and respond to issues and feedback in real time.
- Champion Maple’s mission to empower the health and well-being of individuals and to strengthen our healthcare system.
- Strong written and spoken language skills in French and English
- A belief in the idea that collaboration, connection, and open communication always lead to a better outcome
- A self-starter able to learn new technical tools working in a growing, ambiguous environment
- Technologically adept, able to quickly learn and become an expert user of software platforms
- Availability to work morning, evening, and weekend shifts as required
In addition to the skills described above, you are:
- Mission-driven — we are a small and passionate team challenging the status quo of the healthcare industry. You need to be passionate about playing an integral part in helping us accomplish our mission and vision.
- Execution-oriented — you have a strong ability and desire to execute to the highest standard. You care deeply about the quality of your work and don’t cut corners.
- Highly organized and planful — you have the ability to manage multiple projects with strong attention to detail and prioritization skills.
- A strong communicator — you speak plainly and truthfully. You communicate complex ideas in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
- Highly collaborative — you have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team
Other Role Information
- Job Type: Full-time
- Reporting Manager: Team Lead, Customer Support
- Location: Fully remote within Canada
- Start Date: October 2022
- Salary: $15.75/ hr at 40-44 hours per week
- Schedule: 4 x 10hr shifts with 3 days off each week
- Paid vacation: 2 weeks
Working at Maple
We want you to love working at Maple. We want you to feel challenged and supported, cared for, and driven. Just as we’re driven to grow, to improve, to iterate our products and services, we want you to take the same mindset as you work towards achieving your personal best. We can all learn, we can all develop, and we can all power the future of healthcare. But we can only do it together. At Maple, we are a team first and foremost. Your success is our success.
In order to support your wellbeing, we offer an evolving set of benefits and perks, including:
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere within Canada.
- Health benefits: Comprehensive health and dental benefits and insurance from day one as well as unlimited online consultations with a General Practitioner on the Maple platform, access to Mind by Maple — our mental health offering — plus lots more.
- Maternity & parental leave benefits: Up to $8,000 supplemental unemployment benefit.
- Additional time off: In addition to vacation, you’ll receive 10 paid mental and physical health days plus additional paid and unpaid time off for significant life events.
- Learning & Development: Up to $1,000 professional development budget per fiscal year, continuous feedback culture, and annual performance reviews.
- Snack programs: Subscription to DoorDash DashPass, enjoy free delivery and reduced service fees on eligible orders, including take-out and groceries.
- Team socials: Quarterly team socials, such as virtual escape rooms, art classes, trivia nights, and more.
- Dollars for doers: If you regularly volunteer with a cause, we’ll make a donation in your name to recognize your commitment.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Check out our first Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) scorecard here.
Looking for an accessibility accommodation during the recruitment process and in employment? Let one of our recruiters know and we’ll work with you to make suitable arrangements.
Please note that any offer of employment may be subject to verification of employment and education background checks, including a criminal record check.